30 Sep 2014
MINISTER OF FORESTRY’S REGULATION REGARDING ASSIGNMENT OF PART OF THE GOVERNMENT’S FORESTRY AND CLIMATE CHANGE AFFAIRS TO REGENTS
The Minister of Forestry issued his Regulation No. P.2/Menhut-II/2014 earlier this year, assigning part of the Ministry’s tasks in the framework of the running of the Forest and Climate Change program to the Regent of Berau, the Regent of Malinau, and the Regent of Kapuas Hulu (“Regulation No. 2/2014”).
The details of the forestry affairs which are assigned to the Regents are set forth in the regulation’s Attachment. Here are some of the provisions regarding the tasks involved in the assignment of the affairs:
- In the implementation of the tasks, the Regents are obliged to create a regency work unit (satuan kerja perangkat daerah) which will act as the executor of the government’s forestry affairs which have been assigned as meant by Regulation No. 2/2014.
- The regency work unit is obliged to submit reports on the implementation of its tasks every 3 (three) months and 6 (six) months and at the end of the year to the Minister with a copy to Secretary General.
- The assigned affairs may not be delegated to village heads.
- The delegation of the government’s forestry affairs as meant in Regulation No.2/2014 to the Regents is effective until and including 31 December 2014.
- The Minister will issue norms, standards, procedures and criteria to be used as guidance in the carrying out of the assigned tasks.(by: Rendi Prahara)